Our 3D Printed anatomy models are made directly from CT and MRI scan data (also known as a DICOM set). Being able to hold/observe a physical model in your hands can sometimes be the best alternative to looking at a scan or rendering of the scan. These 3D Printed anatomical models are suitable as pre-surgical planning tools, product validation tools, and as an educational model for explaining a treatment for your patient.
There are two options available for making a 3D Printed anatomical model:
- Print Ready 3D Standard Printing
- A full-color, general, anatomical model, modeled from publicly available DICOM files.
- This option does not require you to provide a CT or MRI file.
- This print option cannot be customized or modified.
- The pricing presented on our website is the price to 3D print the anatomy shown, in a sandstone-based resin material.
- A fully customized anatomical model made from a DICOM file provided by you or your client.
- Your anatomy will be modeled in 3D by our medical experts, in collaboration with your needs.
- The minimum slice thickness in the DICOM set must be 2mm or less to produce a high-quality, accurate print.
- Contact us by email if this the option you would like to pursue, and we'll contact you with next steps for submitting your file, learning more about what you want the model to look like, and provide firm costs for your project.
- We will also discuss the type of material that's best suited to your needs.
- Our solid sandstone type material on an industrial Color Jet Printer. Multiple layers of powder are bonded together forming a vibrant looking high-color model.
- Our transparent models are made from liquid resin with a special finish applied to produce the transparent look. The resin is UV-cured. These models are much stronger and vivid in detail, providing a see through visual that is highly sought after in medical modeling.
All 3D Printed models, design teams and the associated printers go through a quality control process ensuring accuracy of the print and technologies associated before being shipped to you. These models are meant to be used in a non-sterile environment.
General Ordering Steps
- If you want a 3D printed anatomy model, with no DICOM segmentation, simply add it to your cart and proceed to checkout as normal. It will be printed within 7-10 business days and shipped directly to you.
- If you would like a customized 3D printed anatomy model made from your own DICOM set, contact us for ordering and pricing.
- After your purchase, you will be asked to complete a HIPAA release form so that we can handle your patient data. Upon receipt of the completed HIPAA release, you will receive instructions on how and where to upload your DICOM files to our secure servers.
- Your files will be inspected for accuracy and segmented. You'll be contacted for collaboration as needed. You will have the opportunity to review the final print files before any 3D Printing takes place.
- You will receive your customized model in approximately 10-14 working days. Urgent requests can be done quicker.
Q & A
Q: Is this model hollow (i.e., depicts the inside of airways), or solid (i.e., just the outside of the bronchial tree)?
A: This model is solid and just shows the outside.
Q: How much does it cost to get a file of my MRT/CT scans?
A: In most cases this is a free service to patients.
Q: What if I want to add some of the extras to my order like a stand or multi-color varieties?
A: Please contact us prior to ordering a 3DYourScan model if you would like to make modifications or additions to the printed model.
Q: What if I want a model of my tumor or diagnostic to be used by my doctor for surgery planning, education or evaluation of a diagnostic?
A: We have two model types: Standard - which is your basic anatomy without a diagnostic approach. The product above is this model type. We also offer Professional Versions, which require collaboration between our medical design team and doctors to ensure accuracy highlighting a specific diagnostic.