Nearly one out of every eight newborns arrive prematurely. To help you give your tiniest patients the best care possible, Nasco is proud to introduce the Life/form Micro-Preemie. This 25-week ELBW (Extremely Low Birth Weight) neonate is the smallest and most realistic pre-term infant available. Invaluable for training nurses and parents in care and handling techniques for babies that have had multiple medical interventions. This is the perfect team training aid for multiples or other high-risk delivery and transport scenarios. The baby can be ventilated and will accept a functional ET tube, NG tube, umbilical catheter, and IV line, as well as a non-functional chest tube and stomas. Detachable neural tube defect and omphalocele.
Features and Functions:
- Breathing - pulse bulb to manually simulate breathing rate volume.
- Ventilation - molded-in lung produces a visible chest rise when ventilated by mouth; trachea and pharynx are not anatomically correct, but will accept a functioning endotracheal tube.
- GI - one nostril will accept a functioning NG tube (tube passes through the body and liquids will either drain away from the body or into the diaper); optional stoma can be plugged into a permanent site on the abdomen.
- Umbilicus - soft, lifelike umbilicus has a patent vein and two arteries; umbilical stump functions like a cork, plugging into a small cavity molded into the abdomen (cavity can be used as a reservoir for blood drawn through a catheter or to receive fluids and the drain exits from the diaper area); a separate umbilicus represents an optional omphalocele.
- IV Access - several typical sites have embedded tubing that can accept an IV catheter; one is functional, allowing the administration of fluids, which will drain from the diaper area.
- Chest Tube - a permanent site in the baby's side accepts a nonfunctioning chest tube.
- Neural Tube Defect - An optional structure representing an open neural tube defect can be inserted into the back.
- Various monitors, sensors, electrodes, etc., can be attached to the manikin wherever needed.
Includes diaper, hat, lubricant, 3 cc syringe, 25 G. butterfly needle and blood powder. Hat color may vary. NG tube size 5 FR. ET tube size 5 mm ID. Simulator dimensions: 12 long, 4 deep, and 18-1/2 across from hand to hand. 5 Year warranty.
Product Dimensions: 13 in. x 11 in. x 5 in.
Product Weight: 4 lbs.
Made in the USA by Nasco.
What this warranty covers:
Nasco warrants that if this product proves to be defective in materials or workmanship within 60 months from the date on which the product was purchased, Nasco will, at Nasco’s discretion, repair or replace the product.
What this warranty does not cover:
This warranty does not cover defects or damages resulting from the use of the product in other than its normal and customary manner.
This warranty does not cover defects or damages from unauthorized design modifications, improper usage, improper storage, abuse, failure to follow maintenance procedures as outlined in the owner’s instruction manual, or other acts that are not the fault of Nasco, including damage caused by shipping.
This warranty does not cover cases, accessories, stains, cosmetic appearance, or normal replacement of disposable items.
This warranty does not cover transport costs and all risks of transport relating to the warranty of the product.
Only products manufactured at Nasco Plastics receive this warranty. All other products sold through Nasco, but manufactured elsewhere, are subject to the warranties supplied by the product manufacturer. These warranties may differ from the Nasco warranty.
If repairs are covered by this warranty, the purchaser will pay only the incidental expenses associated with the repair, including any shipping, handling, and related costs for sending the product to Nasco and for sending the product back to the purchaser. However, if the repairs are not covered by this limited warranty, the purchaser will be liable for all repair costs in addition to the costs of shipping and handling.
This warranty will be granted only when the original invoice or complete, legible sales receipt (indicating the date of purchase and product type) is presented together with the defective product.
This warranty will not apply if the serial number on the product has been altered, removed, or made illegible.
Nasco reserves the right (at its sole discretion) to replace spare parts of defective products or low-cost products with new or refurbished spare parts or products.
Practical Skills Training