Blue Phantom's ultrasound guided thoracentesis and chest tube thoracostomy training model allows users to develop and practice the skills necessary to gain proficiency in using ultrasound to identify and guide needle and catheter insertions in the patient with pleural effusions. This dual purpose training mannequin is also designed to allow users to learn to perform chest tube thoracostomy utilizing non-ultrasoundable chest portals.
Excellent for both ultrasound guided thoracentesis and chest tube thoracostomy.
Two technologies are provided with the thoracentesis training model; an ultrasoundable tissue module and two non-ultrasound chest inserts. The ultrasound tissue module contains the chest wall, pleural cavity, lung, atelectatic lung, ribs, and a variety of pleural effusion fluid pockets. Two non-ultrasound chest portals located in the lateral chest and the anterior chest contain the skin layer, fat, ribs, and the pleural lining. Blue Phantom thoracentesis and thoracostomy training mannequin can be arranged in a variety of positions allowing users to learn how to perform procedures in the upright, supine, and right lateral decubitus positions. The ribs are palpable in both the ultrasound tissue insert and the non-ultrasound portals.
The ultrasound tissue insert module is designed for guiding the placement of needles and small catheters (18-21 gauge). Blue Phantom simulated human tissue is very realistic and ultra-durable; excellent for repeated training in psychomotor skills associated with ultrasound guided thoracentesis procedures. Small, medium, and large pleural fluid pockets provide a training environment for new ultrasound users as well as assisting more skilled users refine their guided ultrasound techniques. Positive fluid flow offers users feedback when pleural effusions are accurately accessed. The fluid is easily refilled using a quick fill luer lock. Ultrasound imaging skills include; using ultrasound system controls, transducer positioning and movement, recognition of thoracic anatomy, atelectatic lung, and pleural effusions, using ultrasound to target the appropriate fluid pockets for cannulation, and performing an ultrasound guided thoracentesis procedure. We know that gaining proficiency in using ultrasound requires practice. Our self healing tissue will allow you to repeatedly perform ultrasound guided thoracentesis procedures without giving second thought to wearing out the tissue or calculating the cost per cannulation. You can expect unmatched durability from our tissue. This ultrasound training mannequin is constructed using Blue Phantom's patented ultra-durable tissue and is extremely realistic in ultrasound imaging characteristics and feels like real human tissue. Our self healing tissue will withstand tremendous use and will save you money by dramatically reducing the necessity for purchasing replacement parts.
The two non-ultrasound chest portals are designed to help clinicians develop the skills necessary to place chest tube thoracostomies. These skills include performing intercostals incisions, blunt dissection of soft tissue down to the pleura, and placement of the chest tube into the pleural space. Because of the nature of placing large chest tubes into the portals, these portals are expected to endure 6-8 uses before requiring replacement.
At Blue Phantom we expend tremendous effort to match the imaging characteristics of real human tissue allowing you to teach and train under optimal conditions. We know that the best simulation training scenarios are requisite on users experiencing the same procedural realism as performing the procedure on patients. All of our ultrasound simulation materials match the acoustic characteristics of real human tissue so when you use your ultrasound system on our training models, you experience the same quality you expect from imaging patients in a clinical environment.
This medical simulation trainer will perform well using any ultrasound imaging system configured with the appropriate transducer. This ultrasound phantom model is excellent for specialties including emergency medicine, critical care medicine, surgery, surgical training programs, ultrasound training programs, simulation centers, surgical skills centers, medical education facilities, and ultrasound manufacturers for ultrasound education and demonstrations.
- Ultrasound guided thoracentesis and blind insertion chest tube thoracostomy training model
- Excellent for training clinicians in the psycho-motor skills associated with ultrasound guided thoracentesis and thoracostomy procedures
- User selected positioning; can be arranged in a variety of positions allowing users to learn how to perform procedures in the upright, supine, and right lateral decubitus positions
- Contains an ultrasound tissue module and two non-ultrasound chest portals (anterior and lateral positions)
- Ultrasound tissue module contains the chest wall, pleural cavity, lung, atelectatic lung, ribs, and a variety of pleural effusion fluid pockets
- Non-ultrasound chest portals, designed for thoracostomy chest tube insertions contain the skin layers, fat, ribs, and pleural lining
- Superb ultrasound imaging characteristics
- Ultrasound tissue is ultra-durable; self healing tissue is extremely realistic in ultrasound imaging characteristics and feels like real human tissue
- Positive fluid flow offers users immediate feedback when pleural effusion fluid is accurately accessed in ultrasound tissue module
- Pleural fluid that is removed during thoracentesis procedural training is easily refilled using quick fill port
- Ultrasound tissues match the acoustic characteristics of real human tissue so when you use your ultrasound system on our training models, you experience the same quality you expect from imaging patients in a clinical environment
- Performs well using any ultrasound imaging system
- Practice using ultrasound system controls
- Purchase includes 1 bottle of simulated refill solution; one yellow 235mls bottle
- Add optional Soft Storage Case for light transport and storage
- High quality
- No special storage needs
- Patented technology
- Made in USA
Medical Education, Patient Consultation