SimScope stethoscope allows to auscultate Standardized Patients as well as manikins by placing RFID tag sensors on corresponding anatomical locations. It can be also used with Objective Structured Clinical Examination training (OSCE) or any other examination standard.
By accessing the auscultation software, educators can pick any sound from the large Cardionics auscultation sound library, enabling their students to actively engage in auscultation practice and hands-on training. When using the SimScope Wi-Fi model, the embedded wireless technology enables communication with the controller tablet (optional purchase) allowing instructors to instantly alter the parameters of their scenario directly from the tablet. If a student initiates an intervention that requires a change in condition, or if the simulation requires efficient use of time, the built-in WiFi connectivity allows parameters to be altered on-the-fly.
SimScope is delivered with seven sets of RFID tag sensor patches which are to be placed on anatomically correct locations on any manikin or Standardized Patient. Each patch has a label indicating its dedicated anatomical location, to make sure the sounds are always heard from the correct location. A pre-selected auscultation sound will play as soon as the trainee places the stethoscope's chest piece on the correct location.
Auscultation training with the SimScope training stethoscope features:
- Comprehensive auscultation library consisting of 15 heart, 10 lung, 6 bowel sounds and 1 bruit sound
- Includes Covid-19 auscultation lung sound
- Allows the sounds to be altered on-the-fly through the independent Wi-Fi network
- Users can create customized libraries to fit specific scenarios and programs
- Up to 5 SimScope auscultation training stethoscopes can be connected to one system and operated from one controller tablet
- SimScope software delivered on a flash drive, to be installed on a Windows-10 device
- Optional purchase of a tablet with pre-installed software
- RFID tag sensor patches included with the purchase, as well as available separately
- Quick-change battery provides up to 4 hours of battery life
- Unlimited technical support
When using the SimScope training stethoscope, simulation educators can provide a variety of versatile and customizable experiences for Standardized Patient Programs and Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE).
SimScope training stethoscope is recommended for:
- Easy one-on-one teacher and student training
- Improving group interaction by utilizing RFID tag sensor patches (included), which can be placed on several Standardized Patients or manikins
- Engaging a larger group of students by expanding the training with numerous additional SimScopes
- Utilizing SimScope for teaching and training of both beginners and advanced classes
- Creating customized scenarios with a large variety of physiological and pathological conditions
- SimScope Auscultation Training Stethoscope
- SimScope Software delivered on a flash drive
- Seven sets of 15 SimScope RFID tag patches
- USB cable
- User Manual
What this warranty covers
- Cardionics warrants this product to be free of manufacturing defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year
from the date of original consumer purchase from Cardionics or an authorized dealer.
- This written warranty is limited to the original consumer purchaser, transferable only by written authorization of Cardionics.
- All warranties, expressed or implied, made by Cardionics, including warranties of merchantability and fitness are limited to the one (1) year period of this warranty. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
- This warranty is limited to repair of the product or replacement thereof, at the discretion of Cardionics.
What this warranty does not cover
- This warranty does not cover defects or damage resulting from use of the product other than its normal, intended and customary use. This warranty does not cover defects or damages from abnormal use, abnormal conditions, improper storage, exposure to moisture or liquid, unauthorized modifications, repairs made by unauthorized personnel, unauthorized connections (those not described in this manual), misuse, neglect, abuse, accident, alternation, improper installation or other acts which are not the fault of Cardionics, including damage caused by shipping.
- Devices which have had the serial number removed or made illegible.
- Damage resulting from use of non-Cardionics approved accessories.