At the forefront of medicine and technology, we are proud to offer these incredible, uncompromised replicas of human anatomy. Using the latest 3D printing technology and materials available, this model is an exact replica of a human cadaver, brought to "life" by extensive medical scanning and manufacturing technologies. Over are the days of using ethically questionable cadavers, the mess of hazardous preservation chemicals, and the inaccuracies of plastinated models that often over-enhance anatomy for display, not realism. See the future, and the beauty, of real human anatomy with these incredible anatomical replicas!
This 3D printed specimen provides a parasagittal cross-section through the medial aspect of the right distal tibia and foot, displaying the skeletal structures of the medial longitudinal arch of the foot and surrounding soft-tissue structures. Proximally, the tendocalcaneus is visible superficial to the deep posterior compartment muscles and can be seen inserting into the posterior calcaneus. On the plantar surface of the medial arch, the plantar aponeurosis extends from the calcaneus towards the digits (were a sectioned lateral sesamoid is positioned at the head of the hallux). Part of the lateral head of the flexor hallucis brevis and muscular fibres at the origin of the flexor digitorum brevis and quadratus plantae are preserved (with the lateral plantar neurovascular bundle sectioned). Deep to these muscular portions is the flexor digitorum longus tendon (passing obliquely) near the calcaneus and neck of the talus, and the terminal insertion of the tibialis posterior tendon is visible at the articulation of the navicular and medial cuneiform.
Please Note: Thanks to the flexibility of manufacturing that 3D Printing offers, this model is "printed to order", and is not typically available for immediate shipment. Most models are printed within 15 working days and arrive within 3-5 weeks of ordering, and once an order is submitted to us, it cannot be canceled or altered. Please contact us if you have specific a specific delivery date requirement, and we will do our best to deliver the model by your target date.
- Anatomically accurate and identical to real specimen
- No ethical issues - not real human body parts
- Reasonably priced
- Available within a short lead time
- Reproducible, several identical prints can be used as a classroom set
- Can be produced in different sizes to cater for the needs of the teacher
- Access to cadavers can be problematic. Many countries cannot access cadavers for cultural and religious reasons
- Cadavers cost a lot money
- High cost for establishing your own plastination suite
- Wet specimens cannot be used in uncertified labs
- Dissection of cadavers is a lot of staff time and that is a cost
- Storage of cadaver material needs special refrigeration etc. which has coast
- If you want another specimen you have to start all over again
- Ethical issues
- Timeframe for plastination process
- Many countries do not allow their importation
- One of a kind
Superior 3D print results compared with conventional methods
- Vibrant color offering with 10 million colors
- UV-curable inkjet printing
- High quality 3D printing that can create products that are delicate, extremely precise and incredibly realistic
Clear Support Material
- To avoid breakage of fragile, thin, and delicate arteries, veins or vessels, a clear support material is printed on such spots. This makes the models robust and can be handled by students easily.
Medical Education, Medical Illustration