These CAE Blue Phantom upper torso models are excellent for practicing ultrasound-guided, or blind-insertion techniques while performing lumbar puncture, and epidural procedures. Palpation of the spinous processes provides external landmarks while ultrasound can be used for identification of the optimal insertion points and angle and determination of the depth to the ligamentum flavum and epidural space. The cerebral spinal fluid pressures can be easily increased in order to simulate pathological scenarios. The Simulex tissue has self-healing properties, allowing for 1000+ punctures when used with an 18-21 gauge needle. Choose from three options: Lumbar Only, Lumbar & Thoracic, or Lumbar & Cervical.
*Note: Three different models with 3 separate configurations. Inserts are not interchangeable among base models.
- Lumbar spine L1-L5 (all models)
- Thoracic spine T1-T7 (BPLP2102 only)
- Cervical spine C2-C7 (BPLP2103 only)
- Ligamentum Flavum
- Epidural space
- Subarachnoid membrane
- Subarachnoid space with cerebral spinal fluid (CSF)
Included in the Box:
- 1 bottle of Clear Ultrasound Refill Solution, 235 mLs
- Size: 17” L x 11” W x 17” H.
- Weight: 33 lbs.
Made in USA.
Practical Skills Training, Medical Education