What's in the box?
1. Axis Scientific Classic Human Skeleton
2. Skeleton Product Manual detailing 172 advanced anatomical landmarks
3. Skeleton Assembly Guide outlining the easy steps to assemble your skeleton (takes 5 minutes)
4. Skeleton Study and Numbering Guide, packed with:
--189 Numbered Stickers for labeling the major landmarks of the human skeleton
--27 page, full color educational guide detailing Skeletal System Physiology, Bony Features Terminology, and Positional Terminology
--Two free gifts (we won't spoil the surprise!)
5. Axis Scientific Warranty Registration Card
6. Metal pelvic-mounted stand on lightweight plastic base with 5-caster wheels
Introducing the Classic Human Skeleton from Axis Scientific. Standing 5 feet 6 inches tall, this skeleton towers over the competition. He offers an exceptional level of detail, including major and minor anatomical features and structures, right down to the tiniest detail.
His skull is easily detachable from the body of the skeleton. The skull features a removable calvarium, or skull cap, secured with pegs as well as magnets for added stability. External hardware is kept to a minimum for an uninterrupted view of the skull. Inside the skull, every suture, foramen, and groove is visible, allowing for a full study of the internal and external structures alike. It also features the spinal nerves.
When replaced on the skeleton, the skull sits comfortably on the axis, allowing realistic movement of the skull. The hyoid bone is present, and is easy to study with or without the skull in place. The skeleton is fully articulated, and can replicate all natural movements at the joints. The arms can clearly display flexion, extension, abduction and adduction, circumduction of the shoulder, and even pronation and supination of the radial-ulnar joint. Similarly, the legs can perform all of the movements of the acetebulofemoral joint and knee.
Included with the Axis Scientific Classic Human Skeleton is an incredibly comprehensive full color product manual featuring 172 listed landmarks developed by leading medical professionals.
Also included with the Classic Human Skeleton is our brand new Study and Numbering bundle. The centerpiece of this bundle is a 27-page, full color, highly detailed studying and numbering guide. The guide comes with 189 numbered stickers to be placed on the skeleton for a more interactive learning experience. The Study and Numbering guide also features in-depth discussions about such topics as skeletal system physiology and bony feature terminology to take your knowledge to the next level. The bundle also includes two free gifts that will allow you to show off your love for anatomy anywhere you go
Axis Scientific offers a rare combination in medical education. Exceptional detail and a price that won't break the bank. With quality in every model and our dedicated customer support team just an email or call away, we know you'll love Axis from day one.
Model includes pelvic mount stand.
Made by Axis Scientific and backed by a 3 year warranty. Measures 62 inches tall. Weighs 20 lbs.
|Compare to Similar Products||Axis Scientific Classic Human Skeleton with Study & Numbering Guide||Axis Scientific Painted Human Skeleton||Axis Scientific Human Skeleton with Flexible Spine, Muscle Insertions, and Ligaments||Axis Scientific Classic Flexible Human Skeleton with Study and Numbering Guide||Axis Scientific Classic Human Skeleton with Study, Numbering Guide, and Hanging Stand|
|Removable Skull and Calvarium (Skull Cap)||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Muscle Origin/Insertion Points||❌||✔||✔||❌||❌|
|Realistic Movement of the Joints||✔||✔||Painted Side Only||✔||✔|
|Designed in the USA||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
Q & A
Q: What size is the box of the Axis Scientific Classic Human Skeleton?
A: The box of the Axis Scientific Classic Human Skeleton is approximately 33x15x12 inches.
Q: I would like to take this skeleton a part and then put it back together, is this possible?
A: No, this model cannot be disassembled and then put back together. Once it has been disassembled, you will not be able to reassemble it. If you are looking for a disarticulated skeleton, we would suggest the Axis Scientific Disarticulated Skeleton.
Q: I don't need a full size skeleton. Do you carry anything smaller?
A: Yes, we actually have the Axis Scientific Mini Skeleton. It is 31 inches tall.
Q: Is this model detailed? I need a very detailed model for an upcoming test, and I am worried that I will not be able to view all of the features I need on this skeleton.
A:Yes, this model is very detailed. You will be able to view all of the bony landmarks that are found on real human bone. If you have more specific questions about what can viewed on this skeleton, please give us a call at 800-422-1134. We can then make sure this is the right skeleton for you.
Q: What's included in the box?
A: Axis Scientific Classic Human Skeleton
Skeleton Product Manual detailing 172 advanced anatomical landmarks
Skeleton Assembly Guide outlining the easy steps to assemble your skeleton (takes 5 minutes)
Skeleton Study and Numbering Guide, packed with189 Numbered Stickers for labeling the major landmarks of the human skeleton, 27 page, full color educational guide detailing Skeletal System Physiology, Bony Features Terminology, and Positional Terminology. and two free gifts (we won't spoil the surprise!)
Axis Scientific Warranty Registration Card
5-caster pelvic-mounted stand with wheels
Q: What is the model made of?
A: This model is made of a high-quality PVC plastic. The stand is made of metal and plastic.
Q: Is the spine of this skeleton flexible?
A: No, unfortunately, the spine on this skeleton is not flexible. If you are looking for a skeleton with a flexible spine, we recommend any of the following skeletons:
Axis Scientific Human Skeleton with Flexible Spine, Muscle Insertions, and Ligaments
Rudiger Anatomie Physiological Skeleton
Rudiger Anatomie Deluxe Super Skeleton with Musculature and Ligaments
Rudiger Anatomie Human Skeleton with Flexible Spine, Muscle Paintings, and Arteries
Axis Scientific Classic Flexible Skeleton Anatomy Model
Q: Are the fingers and toes moveable?
A: Yes, you can move and pose the fingers and toes. They are held together with flexible wire.
Q: Is this a male or female skeleton?
A: This is a male human skeleton.
Q: What material is the stand made of?
A: The stand is made of plastic.
Q: What are the dimensions of the stand?
A: Each leg of the wheel base is 9.2 inches. Once the entire stand is assembled, it measures 41.6 inches from the floor to the end of the pelvic mount.
Q: Does this product come with a cover?
A: Yes, this skeleton does come with a clear plastic dust cover.
Q: Can this skeleton's arms and legs hold a pose?
A: The arms and legs have excellent articulation, however the skeleton cannot hold a position where the arm or leg is in the air. Many of our creative customers will use wire or fishing line to achieve a desired pose for window and retail displays, holidays like Halloween, or for different physical therapy or yoga instructions.
Warranty Period: 3 Years
Quality You Can Trust
Virtually unique among anatomical model manufacturers, Axis Scientific does not require you to send back your model for inspection before a replacement or refund is issued. You also will not pay to return a defective product or incur unnecessary additional shipping charges before you get a replacement. Axis Scientific guarantees you will get a replacement under the standard Three Year Warranty.
What the Warranty Covers
Axis Scientific builds durable products that are made to last and understands how hectic life can be and that is why we are always here to help.
- If at any time during this warranty period your Axis Scientific model does not live up to its guarantee of quality, we will repair or replace the model.
- Here is what’s covered:
- If your anatomical model breaks or significantly degrades from normal everyday use, defined as:
- Display, disassembly, and reassembly of parts designed to be removed from the model.
- Functionality, such as rotation or flexion, within the range of natural movement of the human body.
- Indoor use without extreme exposure to UV light, heat or cold.
- Care and storage in accordance with the Axis Scientific Care & Maintenance Guide.
- If your anatomical model does not perform as described.
- If your anatomical model breaks or significantly degrades from normal everyday use, defined as:
- If you lose a part or hardware, we will help you find a replacement (shipping costs may apply).
Axis Scientific stands by its products and is proud to know that clients use them in a variety of settings, including doctor’s offices, in the lab and even in art studios. Because this product fits a variety of applications, unfortunately, the warranty does have some limitations.
- We cannot cover misuse, improper storage, mishandling, or mistreatment under warranty. Because we provide models for education, repurposing models for use outside of demonstration, such as mechanical testing, device validation, or other clinical applications outside of education, the warranty shall be voided. Examples include:
- Dropping your anatomical model.
- Improper cleaning or storage of your anatomical model.
- Modifications to the product, such as markings, additional or negated hardware, drilling, cutting, or otherwise altering your anatomical model.
- Excessive stress on functional parts, such as vertebral stress or joint over-extension.
- Damage due to negligence, theft, property damage, or the like are not covered by the Axis Scientific warranty.
- While we will always be here to support you, we cannot provide customers with a return label for any products shipped to a location outside of the United States.
How to File a Warranty Claim
Our dedicated Customer Service team is available to help over phone, email or chat and we will work with you to find the most cost and time effective solution that suits your needs.
- The best way to protect your purchase is to register your product online right when you receive it, so you never have to worry about losing the receipt or contacting us outside of the warranty period. Visit this page to register your product under warranty. You will need to provide the following information:
- First and Last Name
- Email Address
- Place of Purchase
- Order Number
- Date of Purchase
- Customer must provide proof of purchase alongside any claim of defect, or warranty cannot be honored. This ensures the authenticity of the model.
- Photographs must be provided when a warranty claim is made, indicating the defect in the model and the current condition of the model before it is retrieved by Axis Scientific.
- All decisions regarding warranty matters shall be at the sole discretion of Axis Scientific or its Authorized Dealers.
Medical Education, Patient Consultation, Medical Illustration
Product Manual, Dust Cover, Study Guide
Overall, it is a great unit for the price. Very aesthetic and accurate with an easy set-up. The stand firmly holds the skeleton in place. The inclusion of the spinal nerves is useful. There is even a bulging disk and a herniated disk. There are a few landmarks where extra PVC plastic is evident; a minor annoyance solved by pliers. The skeleton is a bit on the thin side; I have seen more expensive models with thicker bones. The epiphyseal lines along the femoral and humeral head should be more pronounced. The biggest issue is the metal apparatus that attaches the femoral head to the acetabulum scratches the acetabulum when the femoral head is rotated. I solved the issue by wrapping bubble wrap around the metal apparatus. I believe the instruction manual should also specify that to permit hip motions, the user should not fully tighten the screw securing the femur to the hip. A similar issue is evident at the shoulder joint: the humeral head scratches the glenoid fossa during shoulder motions. For a physical therapist assistant student, this is beyond what I require.
This is a great addition to our school's Anatomy Lab. Price was right, quality is high, and the service we received when we asked questions was outstanding!
This is by far the best skeleton that I have owned. I bought a cheaper model for the start of med school, but after that one started to show wear and tear I decided to invest more into a new model. The price is unbeatable when you consider the quality of this model. It was incredibly surprising! Loved the manual that came with it too!!!
This skeleton is awesome! Our anatomy lab has a 3B skeleton, which I initially was going to buy, but luckily after talking to a helpful sales rep they suggested this skeleton for almost $100 less. I am really glad I bought this one and saved myself the money because the quality is really similar. The product manual served as a nice study tool as well.
This has been a great skeleton for me. I originally purchased it to help me through an Osteology class, but have found that I could use it in a lot of other classes, which has been great because I wasn't sure if it was going to have the detail I needed for everything. Considering the price of other skeletons out there, this one is by far the best I've seen in terms of affordability without sacrificing quality. I'd recommend this to anyone who needs a skeleton.
We just got this skeleton for our school. Students are already excited to see him and we have created a contest for naming. He was the right price and we couldn't be more happy to have a new member of our staff.