Auscultation is an essential clinical skill needed to assess and monitor patients’ conditions. With Cardionics’ SAM Basic Student Auscultation Manikin, teaching and learning this skill becomes even more versatile and economic. SAM Basic trainer uses the SimScope stethoscope, which is an electronic simulation stethoscope. SimScope has been created to provide real-time standardized patient interaction and assessment using a preloaded library of cardiac, respiratory, bowel, and bruit sounds. It resembles a sleek electronic stethoscope with binaural ear tips for listening, a chest piece for placing on a patient, and middle enclosure housing the electronics and replaceable AAA battery.
SAM Basic Student Auscultation Manikin used in teaching and learning heart, lung and bowel sounds. The SimScope stethoscope is used to simulate adult heart, lung and bowel sounds, utilizing a large sound library incorporated into the SimScope stethoscope. The SimScope WiFi upgrade enables wireless communication between the SimScope and the SAM Basic manikin, allowing users to change sounds remotely or to use in conjunction with a scenario-based simulation
By placing the SimScope over the anatomically correct locations of SAM Basic, the programmed sounds will be played through the scope, allowing for students to employ and enhance their diagnostic skills. SAM Basic can be used for:
- Individual learning
- Group lectures
- Viewing phonocardiograms
- A portable SAM Basic Male Auscultation Torso
- One SimScope stethoscope
- The SimScope software and site license
- USB cable
- One SAM t-shirt
- User’s manual
- It is lightweight & portable
- It utilizes the extensive Cardionics proprietary heart, lung, bowel and bruit sounds library
- Students can listen at anatomically correct auscultation sites
- A Customized Library is available to fit specific scenarios and programs (contact us to find out more!)The SimScope WiFi upgrade (available separately) allows for remote selection of sound scenario
What this warranty covers
- Cardionics warrants this product to be free of manufacturing defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year
from the date of original consumer purchase from Cardionics or an authorized dealer.
- This written warranty is limited to the original consumer purchaser, transferable only by written authorization of Cardionics.
- All warranties, expressed or implied, made by Cardionics, including warranties of merchantability and fitness are limited to the one (1) year period of this warranty. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
- This warranty is limited to repair of the product or replacement thereof, at the discretion of Cardionics.
What this warranty does not cover
- This warranty does not cover defects or damage resulting from use of the product other than its normal, intended and customary use. This warranty does not cover defects or damages from abnormal use, abnormal conditions, improper storage, exposure to moisture or liquid, unauthorized modifications, repairs made by unauthorized personnel, unauthorized connections (those not described in this manual), misuse, neglect, abuse, accident, alternation, improper installation or other acts which are not the fault of Cardionics, including damage caused by shipping.
- Devices which have had the serial number removed or made illegible.
- Damage resulting from use of non-Cardionics approved accessories.
Practical Skills Training, Medical Education