Auscultation is an essential clinical skill needed to assess and monitor patients’ conditions. With the Cardionics SAM II Student Auscultation Manikin, teaching and learning this skill becomes even more versatile and economic. The SAM II trainer can be used with any stethoscope. All sounds and videos are recorded from live patients for students to experience a life-like simulation. Users can also create and save their own case videos.
SAM II Student Auscultation Manikin is used in teaching and learning heart, lung and bowel sounds. When connected to the laptop (included) with the pre-installed software, a variety of sounds, videos and lessons recorded can be accessed.
Additionally, when connected to speakers, SAM II Student Auscultation Manikin can be easily moved into a classroom or an auditorium for group instruction, where a larger audience of students can benefit from a co-learning experience and share their thoughts at the same time as high quality heart, lung and bowel sounds are emitted. The programmable and password protected lectures allow teaching institutions to have numerous instructors utilize the SAM II trainer. Included with the product is SAM’s Lesson Guide: a complete guide of lessons for each auscultation sound that SAM II offers.
- A portable SAM II Male Auscultation Torso
- A new DELL laptop computer with a pre-installed auscultation teaching software, with programmable and password protected lectures
- A digital copy of SAM`s Lesson Guide: located on the laptop in digital form, can be printed and used to support auscultation teaching anytime
- One SAM t-shirt and a user's manual
How is SAM II Student Auscultation Manikin different from other auscultation products available on the market?
- It is lightweight & portable
- It has the largest library of sounds (24 sounds) & videos (36 videos altogether)
- It has the complete Lesson Guide
- It can be used with any stethoscope
- It has a palpable carotid pulse
- Users can setup password protected lectures for student assessment
- It is available in light and dark skin version
Additional upgrades or add-ons:
- SimScope and SAM II Library Upgrade
- SimScope and Bionic Hybrid Simulator - 3 Year Extended Warranty
- Bionic Hybrid Simulator System with Tablet and SimScope WiFi
|SAM 3G||SAM II||SAM Basic||PAT||PAT Basic|
|Laptop with pre-installed software||✔||✔||-||✔||-|
|Stethoscope used||any stethoscope||any stethoscope||SimScope||any stethoscope||SimScope|
|Can be connected to the speaker system 1021753 for group instruction||✔||✔||-||✔||-|
|Phonocardiogram (recording of all the sounds made by the heart during a cardiac cycle)||✔||✔||-||✔||-|
|Sounds in the Real Sound Library||24||0||0||0||0|
|Echo Cardiogram Videos||12||0||0||0||0|
|Users can create and save own videos||✔||-||-||-||-|
|Users can setup password protected lectures||✔||✔||-||✔||-|
|Available in light and dark skin tone||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
*(Recording of all the sounds made by the heart during a cardiac cycle)
What this warranty covers
- Cardionics warrants this product to be free of manufacturing defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year
from the date of original consumer purchase from Cardionics or an authorized dealer.
- This written warranty is limited to the original consumer purchaser, transferable only by written authorization of Cardionics.
- All warranties, expressed or implied, made by Cardionics, including warranties of merchantability and fitness are limited to the one (1) year period of this warranty. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
- This warranty is limited to repair of the product or replacement thereof, at the discretion of Cardionics.
What this warranty does not cover
- This warranty does not cover defects or damage resulting from use of the product other than its normal, intended and customary use. This warranty does not cover defects or damages from abnormal use, abnormal conditions, improper storage, exposure to moisture or liquid, unauthorized modifications, repairs made by unauthorized personnel, unauthorized connections (those not described in this manual), misuse, neglect, abuse, accident, alternation, improper installation or other acts which are not the fault of Cardionics, including damage caused by shipping.
- Devices which have had the serial number removed or made illegible.
- Damage resulting from use of non-Cardionics approved accessories.
Practical Skills Training, Medical Education