About the Axis Scientific Canine Skull with Teeth:
You really don't need to be a dog lover to think this is cool. In fact, it would be a great product for anyone! Whether you're a veterinarian looking for the perfect canine model, a curious kid who wants to understand more about what a dog looks like, or just someone who watched Jurassic Park the night before and is looking for something to satisfy their sudden urge to do a dig in the backyard, this model is one of a kind. The jaw opens and closes, of course, and you can see all the teeth from molars to the incisors.
(Did you know that puppies usually have about 28 teeth and adult dogs have about 42? Pretty cool, right?)
What is Included?
- Full set of teeth (none are removable, but we do sell animal teeth separately).
- We've been in this business for a while, so we know things happen. If you need an extra spring in the future, rest assured we'll help you replace it.
- This product is covered by Axis Scientific's Three-Year Warranty.
What we love about this Dog Skull:
- Because the jaw opens all the way, you can get all the views of the canine jaw: maxillary arcade and lateral view, and mandibular arcade and lateral view.
- We didn't want this model to be overly cumbersome, so it's based on the average small to medium-sized dog, making it the perfect travel skull, too.
- All the teeth are quite detailed and to scale, so it's a great tool for everyone and anyone.
- The measurements of the skull are 7 in. x 4 in. x 3.5 in. and it weighs 0.9 lbs.
- In the box, the product measures 4 in. x 7.25 in. x 4 in. and weighs 1.05 lbs.
Q & A
Q: What kind of dog is this modeled after?
A: It's the "average" dog. Based on our measurements, it's closer to an adult Cocker Spaniel instead of a Great Dane.
Q: Is this made out of a real bone?
A: Like most of our Axis Scientific bone models, this is made from a PVC-based plastic, which means it's durable but not too heavy.
Q: Can I use this for X-Ray?
A: No, unfortunately, this isn't the type of product that can be used with an x-ray machine.
Warranty Period: 3 Years
Quality You Can Trust
Virtually unique among anatomical model manufacturers, Axis Scientific does not require you to send back your model for inspection before a replacement or refund is issued. You also will not pay to return a defective product or incur unnecessary additional shipping charges before you get a replacement. Axis Scientific guarantees you will get a replacement under the standard Three Year Warranty.
7 in. x 4 in. x 3.5 in.