Voxel-Man Dental - Virtual Reality Training in Dentristry
Complete Virtual Reality Dental Simulation System to train on real patient cases with different pathologies. Students will quickly develop their manual dexterity and problem solving skills while learning how to prepare a treatment plan and remove caries.
The dental VR simulation features teeth and instruments visualized on a 3D screen, both one and two-handed operation of instruments, a database of different pathologies, automatic skills assessment and monitoring of progress.
- High resolution tooth models were derived from real teeth by microtomography
- Dental hand piece is represented by force feedback device which can be moved in three dimensions and provides very life-like sense of touch
- Dental models include carious lesions at various locations, such as mesial, occlusal, and distal tooth decay
- Feel the subtle differences between enamel, dentin, pulp, or carious tissue
- Instruments include a selection of high and low speed burs of different shapes which are controlled by a foot pedal, as well as a dental mirror