About the Axis Scientific Canine Hindlimb with Foot - Right:
The fastest dog in the world is the Greyhound, which can run about 45 mph. If you have ever wondered what it takes for a dog to run that fast, then this Axis Scientific Canine Leg might be exactly what you need. From the femur to the phalanges, this dog leg gives you a closer look at each canine bone and includes the same anatomical details you would expect to see on a real specimen (even though this one is only made out of a PVC-based plastic). The additional features of this model include the stifle (knee), hock, hindfoot, and rear pastern.
What is Included?
- The Axis Scientific canine leg - right includes the femur, rotula, stifle joint, tibia, hock, fibula, tarsus, metatarsus, phalanges
- This product is covered by a standard three-year warranty
What we love about this Canine Leg and Foot:
- The canine leg is about the size of a tall beagle. We like beagles!
- You could also say this canine leg is the size of a small labrador retriever. We like those, too!
- The leg folds at the knee and demonstrates a natural range of motion. This makes it both realistic and portable.
- For added realism, the foot includes the dog nails, which houses the animal's "quick" in real life. The quick is a bundle of nerves and blood vessels that extend into the nail - that's why it's so important to be careful when trimming dog's nails. Harming the quick inside can be really painful.
- This canine leg measures 16.25 in. x 5.5 in. x 1.5 in. Because it's about 16 inches long, that's how we determined it's based on an average medium dog, probably sized somewhere between a beagle and lab.
- This bone model weighs 0.25 lbs.
- Inside the box, the dimensions come out to 13 in. x 5 in. x 5 in. - Remember the leg folds a little bit!
- With the model inside, the box weighs 0.65 lbs.
Q & A
Q: What if I need a real leg?
A: We do have a natural specimen version of this model, but please note there are extended lead times and you may either receive a front or hind leg depending on what's available first.
Q: Can I use this for veterinary school?
A: Definitely! This is a great study tool for beginners and professionals.
Warranty Period: 3 Years
Quality You Can Trust
Virtually unique among anatomical model manufacturers, Axis Scientific does not require you to send back your model for inspection before a replacement or refund is issued. You also will not pay to return a defective product or incur unnecessary additional shipping charges before you get a replacement. Axis Scientific guarantees you will get a replacement under the standard Three Year Warranty.
20 in. x 3.5 in. x 1.5 in