The transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) simulator MrTEEmothy is composed of a phantom and a TEE probe, connected to a dedicated laptop (included) by a USB cable. Advanced software and 3D visualization were specifically developed for the CT scan dataset. The screen interface shows not only 2D cross–sections similar to TEE images, but also the components of the probe motion such as probe depth, bends, rotation or the angle of the imaging plane.
The device is used with a laptop therefore is fully mobile and can be taken to any teaching location. It is easily connected to an external monitor, which allows for a simultaneous training of many students.
- MrTEEmothy® advantages and innovation were confirmed by a European patent (EP2538398)
- Suitable for training students, residents, cardiologists, anesthetists and intensive care specialists who want to obtain skills without discomfort and the risk of unnecessary harm to patients
- Easily connected to a large monitor for a group training
The advantages of MrTEEmothy:
- Capability to use the CT data from a range of real patients with numerous pathologies
- Biplane option showing two simultaneous sections steered independently – as in contemporary 3D echo machines
- An advanced game-like module can be used to practice and test the ability to obtain the standard TEE views recommended by the imaging guidelines
- Anatomical differences from patient to patient allow the traininig of individual cases
- Realistic feeling of the probe operation in a patient thanks to the unique software based on a three-dimensional dataset obtained from CT
- Learning the TEE normal and pathological anatomy
- Pointing anatomical details with color markers positioned in three-dimensional space
- Practicing optimal acquisition and recording of standard TEE views
- Interpretation of individual pathology
- Performing measurements